West Bengal Student Internship Program is a new project of the West Bengal government. As a result of this program, 2500 students are offered an internship each year. As benefits each student receives an allowance of 10,000 rupees per month. In today’s post, we will discuss in detail what WB Student internship scheme is. And what are the benefits of this scheme? what are the criteria for applying for this internship and how we can apply for it.
- West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2024
- Overview Of WB Student Internship Scheme
- Eligibility Criteria For WB Student Internship Scheme
- Online Application for West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2024
- Benefits Of West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
- Selection Process
- What Actually Student Internship Scheme is?
West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2024
The Chief Minister of West Bengal, Hon’ble Mamata Banerjee launched the Student Internship Scheme on 08.08.2024. West Bengal Student Internship Scheme – an opportunity for the students of the state where they will get a chance to do 1 year internship. The students will also be given a monthly stipend of Rs 10,000. In this scheme, only those who are residents of West Bengal, who have obtained at least 60% marks in bachelor’s degree can apply. The age of the candidate should be below 40 years.
Overview Of WB Student Internship Scheme
|Name of Scheme
|West Bengal Internship Scheme
|Government of West Bengal
|8 January 2024
|Internship Open for
|Students under 40 years
|Duration of Internship
|6 to 12 month’s
|Mode On application
Eligibility Criteria For WB Student Internship Scheme
Many of you would like to apply for WB Student internship. However, before you apply for this WB internship program, you must know it’s eligibility criteria. We are now going to discuss the criteria you should know before applying for this student internship.
- To participate in the WB internship, applicant must have a U.G/PG degree. Any undergraduate degree that corresponds to the IIT and the diploma.
- You can apply for this internship if you have secured 60% mark in graduate or undergraduate degree.
- The age of the candidate must be less than 40 years.
- The student or applicant must be a resident of West Bengal.
Online Application for West Bengal Student Internship Scheme 2024
The online application for the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme has not yet started even after the official announcement. The official announcement about this internship was made on January 8, 2024. The online application is expected to be released soon. The recruitment of the internship will be done by the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal, for this, you have to go to the official website and check the notification regularly.
As soon as the online application process begins, we will guide you through the application process. The announcement of the upcoming WB Student internship application will be posted by officials soon and the further process will be completed on the basis of the notification.
Benefits Of West Bengal Student Internship Scheme
- During this internship, students receive hands-on training in various government departments.
- 2500 students are accepted for an internship each year. Anyone who wants to apply for the internship during their studies can also do so.
- All trainers participating in this internship will receive an amount of 10000 rupees from the state government.
- Every year 2500 students will be selected. Interested students can apply. Students who haven’t had an opportunity to do internship this year can reapply next year.
- The duration of the internship is 6 to 12 months. And after the internship, if you perform well enough, you will be automatically renewed for the upcoming internship.
- Candidates receive a certificate at end of the internship. The certificate can be used as an extracurricular activity for any subsequent government employment. You are not guaranteed a job with this certificate, but you can get some extra benefits.
A total of 2500 students will be given a chance in the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme, so candidates must go through the selection process. Firstly, a merit list will be issued on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates. Secondly, applications will then be invited for an interview organized by the Screening Committee. Lastly, a final merit list will be published for the selected candidates.
Below are the documents that are needed for West Bengal Internship Scheme.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Proof of Age
- Signature of the applicant
- Mark sheet of Graduation
What Actually Student Internship Scheme is?
We all study to get a permanent and stable job in government or in the private sector. There are some companies who usually asks for a certificate of experience before hiring or during the interview.In short, an internship is a type of practical training that we attain and complete before getting a job.
For example, you must complete an internship before you can work as a doctor or nurse. The WB internship program is the same. They train us before we apply for a position. Similarly, this internship program recruits and trains students in various government positions. WB internship scheme is a source of practical training.